KfW is one of the world’s leading and most experienced promotional banks. It carries out Germany’s Financial Cooperation with developing and emerging countries on behalf of the Government of Germany.
Indonesia: KfW’s partner since 1962
KfW enjoys a long-standing cooperation with various Indonesian partner institutions which started back in 1962. KfW’s representative office in Jakarta has been established in 1998. Since 2007, the focus of KfW with Indonesia is mainly on
- promoting renewable energy supply and energy efficiency,
- the protection of natural resources and their sustainable use,
- safeguarding biodiversity,
- emission reduction in cities through infrastructure development,
- creating more job opportunities and promoting vocational training for increased employability of Indonesia’s young generation.